BE AWARE OF METRO PCS STORES RETURN POLICY!

196 of 235 Metro Pcs Reviews
Apr 15, 2011
review #232566

BE AWARE OF METRO PCS STORES RETURN POLICY!

THEY WILL MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO RENTURN ANYTHING! AND THEN TRY TO TIE YOU UP TO THEIR HORRIBLE SERVICE.

On March 30, 2011 shortly before the store time to close, at 7.58 PM, I purchased a new phone, its accessories, pre-paid a month of usage and switched my phone line from ATT to MetroPCS.

Soon after I arrived home and tested the phone I realized that I made a mistake. As the store was already closed I had to wait till it would open on the next day. In the morning of March 31, 2011, I went back to the store where I purchased the phone and explained to the same customer service person that sold me the phone that I am a realtor and my phone is my main tool of work. The phone that I purchased did not fit my necessities and I was also having problems with the service, not receiving text messages from Clients and getting my phone calls dropped. She said that the service would soon improve and that I should keep the phone for a while and that I would eventually get used to it.

I asked her to then exchange the phone for a blackberry, which was what I originally had with ATT and was ideal for my business. She refused to exchange the phones and said that she could not take a refund either and showed me her return policy, which was not disclosed to me before or during the purchase. On it says that you may return the phone within 7 days of original activation date and must contain less than 60 minutes of airtime usage on call timer. She said my phone had 60 minutes and 15 seconds of airtime.

Unfortunately I didn't know about their return policy prior to the purchase. If I did, I would have never tried a new phone and service provider for my business knowing that I would be stuck to it. I asked to speak with a manager and she declined to give me his/her name or contact information. I called the 1888 8METRO8 number from the store hoping for a solution. They told me to go to their corporate store. The closest one was 40 minutes away in Lake Worth.

Immediately after speaking with the customer service person I turned off my phone (afraid to add any more seconds of airtime and be denied a refund/return and with that lost several business calls). In fact, I was already missing business calls and texts even before knowing that I could not use the phone.

At the Lake Worth corporate store, after 1 hour in line waiting and without using the phone, the service person told me that they could not help me as I had purchased the phone from another store and that if I had purchased it from them, they would be glad to give me a refund.

I then drove home to look for the owners of record of the store to try to locate them and speak with them. All numbers that I tried were either disconnected or did not work. I found their Corporate history and another store they owned also in Delray. Called the store asking for the manager several times and he never returned my call. I drove to the store, and they said the manager was not there and that they could not help me and that I would not be able to return the phone.

After all the driving around, frustration and lost businesses and working hours, I decided that I could no longer keep the phone off, as I had to answer my business calls. I kept trying to reach the store manager for another day without success and finally gave up. I went back to an Att store and changed my phone line back to them. ATT Service is more than double the price, but works and I deeply regret having tried to switch.

I then put all the Metro PCS merchandise back in its original boxes and priority mailed it to the store, attention to the owner of record, with insurance and signature delivery, along with copies of the receipt and with a note asking them to immediately refund the full amount of the purchase on my debit card used with the original purchase. Days after I received the signature receipt in the mail dated as received on April 04, 2011.

As they accepted the phone back, I hoped to receive my refund. I waited for days for it to post, but realized that even though they accepted the phone in the mail, they never refunded my money nor contacted me to have the issue resolved. They simply took the phone back and kept my money.

On April 08, 2011 I went to my bank and filed a dispute.

However, my bank said that the merchant declined to credit my money back and that I would have to resolve the issue directly with the merchant or file a law suit. To file a law suit it is going to cost me at least another $ 190.00 plus all the time and aggravation.

Please help!

I want my money back!

Why do you have different policies for different stores and for online purchases?

Shouldn't the consumer have some time to try the product and service to make sure it is the right product and service for their needs?

6802ff9
2.2
Had an experience with Metro PCS?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
dymond

Jul 12

I hate metro pcs I bought a phone two days ago and my service doesn't work and they said i couldn't get a refund... I don't know but that *** needs to change for real

Jun 24

Just bought a phone from them 7 days ago.. screen stopped responding today. I'll try to return it in the morning and come back with the results.

Jun 25

Here are the results from my attempt to return the defective phone.
The store I bought it at refused to accept it back even though the week hadn't passed.(farmington hills) They sent me to the corporate store(livonia) who said my phone was damaged and the warranty was void. I argued that the phone was defective and the manager on duty turned and walked away. The employee helping me suggested a place to have the screen fixed cheaply but the repair is more than I paid for the phone. It was an LG Optimus L70 4.5" screen phone, very thin.. so thin that it likely caused my screen problem from stress on the screen. So the money was lost and the lesson learned.. don't buy a phone from metro pcs.

May 28

wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh cry me a freakin river just change companies and stop complaining wahhhhhhhhhhh :,(

1 2 Reply
losers

May 28

Ooooookay ppl listen up I have been a metro customer for like forever 13 going on 30 hellllllllo the policy has always been the same never change and any one who works at a retail store would know if your policy is in black and white you have to abide by it I mean wtf do ppl not read any more give metro a break all of you who said you it wasn't disclosed to u at the end of sale bull sh@# u know it was you ppl were probably not paying attention I mean who the *** buys something w/o asking questions on the return policy are u serious I for one love metro never had one problem so may b the problem is you and not metro

0 2 Reply
Rick

Mar 18

244a41e, My mother had pretty much the exact problem as you did. She purchased a phone in NY, at an authorized MetroPCS dealer in Baldwin, NY and could not use it because it was dropping all her calls and heating up. She brought back the phone within the seven days stipulated on the receipt and told she was upgrading and could not return the product. This was also not disclosed to her at the time of purchase, so she had no idea that this was a part of their return policy. I called the 1888 8METRO8 number and was told she needs to go to the corporate store in Westbury, NY, where they had more options to help her. That store was about 35 minutes away and she didn't have time to go there at that time. Everyone out there, DO NOT use MetroPCS. Should you need to rectify an issue, they will be of no help to you. Stay clear of them like the plague.

jay

Oct 11, 2013 Dallas, Texas

I bought an adapter, memory card and charger from metro piece of *** at westmoreland and illinois in dallas, texas. They all are defective. Let me explain. I get home with the charger. I plug it in. It sparks. I completely push it in Thinking little of it. Wake up the next morning and the clock display is out and the phone battery life is on empty. Both the phone and clock plugged unto the same outlet. I took it back without a reciept. The guy after me disclosing that the defective charger was a wall chrgr slash computer usb he said thats the problem dont get the same one. let me give u a better one. He said here for ten dollars take this chrgr with no usb Computer connection. Fine. I cant believe the *** chrged me for it. It is what it is. So bring the thing home plug it in and the only thing i get from it is a slow charging message now. The adapter is like a disk for your phone. I took it to a friend at work who tried to put movies on it and she determined the file names would all display as hyrogliphics file names. She said that happened to her before and she returned it no problems. so by now im hot. Metro tried to *** me over. So i go in with the attitude im not taking no for an answer and no reciept. I display to the clerk a pic of a man works for the bbb to him via my phone. I say u see this man? Yes what does that have to do with me? You sold me a bad adaptor and charger and im taking this to the bbb. Well i want you to. You want me to help... Show more

starseed

Aug 30, 2013 Bellaire, Kansas

I think their policy is *** and suspicious. What make MetroPCS think 60mins air time is enough time to see if their phones are defective or not. After talking and texting 4 ppl 15min each the warranty expired? then their is no need for 7 days return. It more like 24 hrs return policy. The only ppl that talk for 60 min in 7days is...NO ONE!!!

Jim

Sep 17, 2012

Same happened to me. I bought a phone, decided I needed something better, he tells me no returns or exchanges. This is an authorized dealer not corporate. I will call corporate later. My store rep never gave me any paperowrk nor gave me any warning that there are no exchanges or refunds.

Linda Jewell

Jul 30, 2012

I purchased a phone and switched service. All was q well until recently. The store insisted I purchase a battery and a new charger. Turns out it was the phone. No refund. The charger was not for my phone, but unless I purchase a new phone I am sol. :x

William

Jul 15, 2012

I know this is old, but you have TO READ THE FINE PRINT. Also, I am not excusing their poor business practice, but when you come in that late before the store closes to purchase a phone, without even educating yourself in regard to their policies, you can't expect much.

Nashaly

Jul 04, 2012

I bought a phone and they won't take it back and I just bought it yesterday ! I want to move the Verizon and get the IPhone 4S but now I can't cause of there *** return policy

MeanandSassy69

Feb 24, 2012

I understand where you are coming from Metro PCS has a bad habit of not showing you any of their legal mumbo jumbo until it is too late...I got sold a almost $500.00 phone saying where i was moving to has coverage in the area...then was told when I went to pay by bill that I was in a covered area so I could keep my phone activated do to the terms and services...so Metro PCS screwed me out of $500.00 almost.

isiah

Feb 15, 2012

metro is the worst when i purchased my phone they said i have long distance i did not like metro or cricket but my aunt convinced me its so nice and cheap im taking it back metro has terrible service

ronnie

Jan 22, 2012

BE AWARE OF THE STORE ON WINSTON PARK
COCONUT CREEK FLORIDA, THE GUY IS A THIEF.
CHARGES MORE THAN ANY OTHER DEALER.
HE IS NOT GOOD, STAY AWAY FROM THAT STORE.
DO NOT COMPROMISE YOURSELF, YOU ARE UNDER ADVISE.

duuhhh

Jul 13, 2011

Even if they don't explain it, u should have read it. I mean the paper says METRO PROMISE (capitalized)...big letter...Mostly everyone has the tendency to read the small prints and policies...unless u don't well, this is what happens. Dude, u should know better since ur a realtor!!! And who sends it back? they would just keep it. Just cause u send it like that is not gonna make them return the money. U should of just sold it. ebay, craiglist, someone u know that has metro...DUHHHHH!!!!!!! metropcs has really good lawyer, so even with a law suit, they won't return the money!!!

Read the

Apr 21, 2011

Read the "RETURN POLICY" before you buy. No matter what are you buying u dum ***.

jay

Apr 20, 2011

The "sign up" form you signed (it's not a contract as we all know) states the "Metro-Promise" which is the 7 day or less or 60 minute or less return policy. People love to rush into a purchase and not read agreements thoroughly.
Suck it up and take the time to read your next "contract"....enjoy your 2 year ankle bracelet

×
You were reading a complaint about Metro PCS.
Filing a new complaint about
×