Metro PCS - MetroPCS cust service number will never let you talk to anyone

Mar 23, 2010
review #175959

I have read many comments after my experience saying just say add service or new customer and it works every time. Well, it seems that MetroPCS is actively closing those loopholes. Their FAQ says you can talk to a Customer Service Rep 24 hours a day but that is a flat out lie. You can say 'Agent', 'New Customer', 'Add Line' or anything else and all you get now (as of 3/23/10) is the computer saying "Oh, you want to talk to an agent, I am sure I can help you better but if not I will transfer you to an agent" (this is paraphrased). Well that is another lie. You will NEVER get past this.

As I said, apparently some of the tricks of saying new customer and add a line used to work. They don't now and that shows that the automated system is being updated to block getting through intentionally. So now you can go to a MetroPCS retail store and wait in line 30 -45 minutes after driving 30 miles.

Thank God for competition and other carriers in my area with similar or better plans and rates.

ac3ed61
Had an experience with Metro PCS?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
mad need new phone

Sep 16

I have had this phone for about three months and I have been having trouble with this phone I have never hated a phone before but this phone is not good I wish I had not gotten it

Flannigan

Nov 02, 2013

Fot technical Support -- they have the absolute WORST customer service in the world. Could not talk to anyone. Had to call back three times and listen to all the recordings for 20 - 30 minutes each. Finally had to hang up because i DON"T have an hourt and a half to sit and wait for someone -- who is NOT EVEN THERE! Biggest waste of time. Worth it to go with a more expensive company (even a REALLY EXPENSIVE one) and get decent customer service. I honestly believe there is NO ONE ever there to answer your call. NEVER got to a real person. You are wasting your time if you even try. You actually have to go to a store and HOPE that they are not "too busy" with new customers to take the time to help you with the support you need. I did that. and the only girl in the stor could not help me! Can't believe they are still in business.

tonya

Mar 18, 2013 Utica, Michigan

Ive been a metro pcs customer for along time i switched from Verizon and it was the worst thing i ever did... I had been haveing trouble with my servie n called to have.it fixed n it was only fixed for a lil bit and i talked to a guy namr ron n he promissed me a free month then switched and the new lady told me i couldnt get what i was primissed.. Now im pissed :( :( :( :( i paid 70 for two phines n neither of theñ work

Jackie

Nov 20, 2012

I paid my ***' phone bill, 50.00$$$ ***' for them to turn around and cut my *** off BC I didn't call and have my Billing cycle date changed wtf???? What the *** am I supposed to do??

:\

Oct 16, 2012

the metropcs customer service agents shout at customers :( :( :(

tiffanylush

May 25, 2012

i had a sprint once, and they activated it with no problem :) but never tried it with nokia :?

Antonio Carmna

Apr 05, 2012

I am metro pcs costumer from Orlando long time ago and I pay fully service to allow to call world wide unlimited, but when I was outside of state I can not conect to free 1888 863-8768 toll number also *611 and couple + free numbers for service assistance and really I was in trouble with my touch phone , I am very concern about that because my cell is my tool to keep comunicated and allow to protect my family.is really a disaster this ugly service.

straight talk inc

Mar 27, 2012

Metro pcs has screwed over many people. Screwed my buddy over and all I. Had to do was compare my straight talk android to his metro android and it was an obvious outcome. By the type his started loading an application...I had moved on to the next app. Slow slow slow. These days you need a phone company you can rely on. That's why I stick to straight talk.

james

Mar 12, 2012

i hate that i change to metropcs

warrior-woman

Mar 09, 2012

I have found that by replying to the automated voice that I "want to add more features", I am immediately connected to a living person, because Metro thinks you want to spend more money, and for that they are willing to allow you access to a human. Worked this morning, when I called to have the endless Metro PCS spam texts offering upgrades, free phones, sports tickets and who knows what else blocked.

Fatima

Jan 20, 2012

Hello can u guys put me Internacionl Txting Please

Wayne

Jan 20, 2012

A rousing course of "Uh eeh uh ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang" works for me. Seems the computer gets confused and you get a human almost right away

Mr texas

Jan 10, 2012

Oh and hey *** kisser Stanley Abercrombie from good ol Dallas,Texas. You work at a *** *** *** getto currupt store and they will not give u a raise for putting in a good word. truth is everyone hates this *** the proof is when you call. Now you have a good *** day. Oh and by the way you got a little something brown on your nose. Piece of ***.

HATE HATE HATE HATE

Jan 10, 2012

lets see the system wasnt processing my god *** bill... then tried all these tricks to talk to someone... got someone twice... and then guess what that *** god *** *** hung up on my *** *** twice!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :cry I HATE THIS *** THING. STRAIGHT TALK IS THE SAME PRICE... BETTER SERVICE AND REPRESINITIVES!!!!

Programmor

Dec 09, 2011

try the dealer support group line. dealers aren't supposed to give it out, but it's the only way to get ahold of a LIVE person. Works everytime. I use to work for a metro store. As long as you call this line metro isn't so bad. They speak good english and are very helpful. Just make sure you know your phone #, name on the account, and you PIN number (normally your birthdate in 8 digits ex: 01021990).

1-800-901-6266

Stanley Abercrombie

Oct 25, 2011

I don't know what you all's beef is about, but I talk to you a Customer Rep all the time when I need help, and I've been a MetroPCS Customer since 2009!
So it ALWAYS has let me speak to someone!
Have glorious week!!
Stanley Abercrombie
Dallas,Texas :)

crystal

Sep 15, 2011

acrivation then retry until she connects you to an agent

abud

Aug 03, 2011

i have the blackberry at metro pcs. i am currently using thr blackberry curve 8530. yesterday i went to the "Setup" icon where it said email set"tings. There i followed the instructions and i got a message from blackberry telling me "welcome to Blackberry on the Metro Pcs network" it says some thing about BIS (blackberry INternet Service" and when reading the contract it says No payment is made directly to RIM; all payments are made to your wireless service provider. my question is: how much is BIS on metro pcs

Sandy

Jul 05, 2011

I had the exact same problem> talking to a *** recording..I want to curse someone out in person. I had three lines and had to cancel one. On July 2nd, I cancelled one of my lines and the rep said the new payment would be $75 for the other two lines. I told him I was going to go online and pay the bill for $75. My phones do not work because even after they got rid of the other line immediately, they are still charging me for it, and will not activate the remaining two i paid for. Im trying to contact them on my landline to tell them to activate my phones immediately because I paid, or cancel the other two lines and refund my effing $75. Im going to the BBB website and reporting their ***!!

1-20 of 41 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Metro PCS.
Filing a new complaint about
×