The TRUTH about Metro PCS....

177 of 235 Metro Pcs Reviews
Oct 19, 2011
review #269109

I see a lot of people carrying on about how horrible Metro PCS is. Well I work for a Metro PCS in Connecticut and am here to let everyone know about how things are SUPPOSED to work.

1)Return Policy: As long as the phone is UNDER 60 minutes TALK time and LESS than 7 days old with no water or physical damage you should receive all of your money back (for the phone and the plan) NO QUESTIONS ASKED. THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE. You can text and use data plan as much as you want but if you go over the 60 minutes talk time or bring the phone back after the 7 days it's yours. I found out recently that the day your purchase your phone is considered day one. So if you purchase on a Monday you have until Sunday to return it. METRO PCS DOES NOT ALLOW YOU TO RETURN ACCESSORIES so I would make sure the service is adequate before purchasing.

2)Bill payment. The day you purchase your phone is considered your anniversary date. The bill will be due the day before you purchased your phone. For example if you buy the phone on 5/4/2011 your bill date will be 6/3/2011 and it will be due every 3rd thereafter. If you don't pay your bill on the 3rd it will go off at about 11 am (eastern standard). If you pay from 6/4-6/9 YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR BILL ON 7/3. HOWEVER if you come in on 6/10 you can do what is called a bill cycle reset. Basically you pay an additional $5 on top of whatever your bill is and (for the sake of argument) your next bill due date would be 7/10, giving you the full 30 days of service.

These are ALL things they should be telling you and if not I do apologize. I care a great deal about my customers' satisfaction and Metro PCS as well. If you have any other questions please leave your email down below and I will answer anything else you would like to know about Metro PCS. We need to have our name restored. And the only way to do that is by informing the public about these things. I wish you all the best and if you are ever in Connecticut and need service I am here and will do all I can (within reason) to make you happy.

651fb2c
1.2
Had an experience with Metro PCS?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
dude

Jun 27

They keep spamming me via text, telling me to buy a new phone because the network in Vegas is changing. I just bought this phone less than a year ago for $500 (Samsung Galaxy S III) and they will apparently give me a $199 credit towards a newer phone. Well the problem is, I don't live in Vegas any more and should not have to upgrade as the signal change is only there and New England. I was told by customer service that I had to go to Vegas (2000 miles away by the way) or change my number that I have had for several years. Otherwise, they will deactivate my account. This is flat out extortion! I like my Vegas number, it is the one I give out to everyone and I like my phone.

Jun 02

Making sure they don't keep cc # on file from last time cause I helped someone one month. One month only

May 05

For all those who apparently have no concept of paying their bills on time or early to prevent BS from happening:
I also work for Metro PCS and I found a way to reset your bill any time so long as you're willing to pay your bill all over again.
All you need the people on the phone to do is make you a new account and then have them merge your current phone onto the new account and then pay your bill. Your anniversary date will be the new date henceforth.
Don't want to pay the bill again? Then just pay early one month and keep paying whenever you want to from then on. You'll always have that credit and you'll never be late anymore. How is it so hard to just pay your bill on time or early? I've left my phone with a $45 credit for almost a year now and still kept up on it. Not exactly a big investment.
And lol, going to Consumer Cellular or Boost or SIMple Mobile. And they call Metro PCS the Ghetto service HA!
The service with T-Mobile added now is great. The ability to use unlocked phones is awesome. My service is better than it ever has been and I'm getting 4G LTE in Norwich, Waterford and New London. It's sad how many people on the internet think that their opinion matters or sounds educated when they can't spell or go a sentence without cussing. What a great demographic.

Makeez

Apr 10 New York, New York

i tried to pay my bill with the phone app Tuesday night and was told to call the 88 metro number cause the app was not working.. i called the number several times and entered my debit card info etc. and each time it seemed to malfunction ... finally i got a person on the phone and he told me to wait till two AM and do it via the app and no worries... So i did that and got a confirmation number.. but when i went to the bank to get my money off my debit card I found I had been charged Twice plus $2 fee, but its in "pending transactions" section on my online statement.. I do not know if i will get my 47 dollars back or be ripped off.. I got no record of it but that i called the number a few times... money is very tight and the debit card is attached to my job and now i have only 19 dollars on it and it should be 66 and because of this I will not be able to buy groceries and take care of my daily necessities... when i phone people at the Debit Card company bank number or MeTRO PCS i get a runaround.. HELP.

1 0 Reply
metro sucks

Jul 20

Yep same *** here. Metro pcs is a complete ripoff and the WILL be giving my money back. I hate this company.

mom

Feb 17 Clermont, Florida

I cant log into my account because my password keeps getting changed but not from me. Can someone tell me what I can do about this

Feb 17

Call customer service but push the button for 'activate new phone'. They'll typically pick up faster. You should have a secret question on file and if you answer it they'll access your account. If you can't they wont help. Good luck.

ari

Dec 11, 2013 Elk Grove, California

I havent paid my bill today and cant until later in the night. I need my phon
e. Will it cancel anytime soon? I live in California. My email is arianrahimi77@gmail.com

Rolando

Nov 18, 2013 Tampa, Florida

Does anyone know if you can pay for a phone monthly for metro for example i wanna get the galaxy s4 but dont have enough money to buy it is there a way to pay the 549 dollars monthly like $40 a month for the phone not the service.

Nov 18, 2013 Odessa, Florida

Nope. Gotta pay out of pocket. Its a prepaid service so there's no guarantee you'd pay it off.

rich hoyle

Nov 17, 2013 Newark, Delaware

I was given this phone. Had for a month. It awss hut off 2 days ago. Went online and made payment 3 times and still won't turn back on... I call customer service and they won't talk to me cuz I don't know the ORIGINAL owners name on the account. I thought it was pre paid and didn't need that info or I wouldn't have gotten this phone..... All I wanted to know was WHYYYYYY my payments go through but the service is still disconnected. Was only off for 2 days.... Been 8 hours since payment made and its a Saturday. Can someone help me figure this out. Closest store is an hour and half away. I don't know what to do other then switch companies if need be... Pleaded email me @ rhoyle69@gmail.com. thanks. :sigh

Nov 11, 2013

Would your number change if you pay it a day after the billing date

Nari

Nov 01, 2013

I have a metropcs phone and it was off for about a month or two, then I went and paid a bill to find out that the number I paid the bill for isn't mine anymore. Will they change my number and give me the credit for the payment or am I just going to have to suck it up and pay an additional fee? My email is iranyssiatemple@gmail.com

I'm going to the corporate store in the morning and I would love some insight first.

JayO

Aug 21, 2013

I have been getting calls from metro pcs customers phone numbers with spam commercials , I reverse checked and they are all metro numbers, SO I called the recent numbers back and the ppl havent called or so they say, but everyone of them, being different, adamantly deny calling. So, metro piggy backing their customers numbers to distribute spam

1 0 Reply
metro sucks

Aug 21, 2013 Throop, Pennsylvania

I paid my bill ahead of schedule, yet I still can't download any songs or videos.
I will never pay my bill on time again I promise!!!

Nov 01, 2013

Why would you PAY for songs or videos???? SMFH people really do that?

jmswltr70

Aug 09, 2013 Henderson, Nevada

To those are upset w/ metro pcs, i have been w/ metro pcs for roughly about 5 - 6 yrs. I have been extremely SATISFIED about Unlimited Minutes, especially w/ Local & Long Distance Calling. Do the math, you CAN'T do that w/ phones you have buy mintes to. Especially when contacting IRS or Social Security Office. I am going to activate my other metro pcs phone. It is a FAR cry of Restocking Fee's, my Billing Date has ALWAYS been the same day the phone got Activated. All people need to do is: "Do your Home Work, Check Coverage in your Area & Find out what phones WILL WORK & which ones won't.
If i get working, i will Upgrade to 4G Phone. As long as you do research, you will a Satified Custemer w/ Any Carrier. Any one can contact me @ jmswltr70@gmail.com i will try to help out the best i can, along w/ finding Cheaper Solutions to Specific needs.

Showing 1-20 of 73 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Metro PCS.
Filing a new complaint about
×